Over the years employers have discovered that their employees miss more time from work as a result of "off-the-job" accidents than due to injuries experienced on the job. Many of these accidents occur during the winter holidays, as employees do things that they are not familiar with or haven't done "since last year". Fortunately, most of these accidents can be prevented.
MARCOM's training products on "Winter Safety" show employees how to plan ahead, look for potential hazards and avoid dangerous situations that occur during the winter holiday season. Topics covered in these products include:
* Christmas trees (selecting, transporting and setting up).
* Using "string lights".
* Safe use of extension cords and outlets.
* Fires, fireplaces and chimneys.
* Using candles.
* Fire extinguishers and fire escapes.
* Dressing for cold weather.
* Working in the cold.
* Walking and driving in ice and snow.
* and more.